- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves or milanesa style chicken
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 4 teaspoons capers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil blended butter
Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Brush chicken with juice, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in breadcrumbs.
Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add chicken to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until chicken is done. Remove from pan; keep warm.
Add broth and wine to pan, and cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in capers and butter.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast half and 1 tablespoon sauce)