Hot Yoga Studio
Revitalize Your Mind, Spirit and Body
At Spectrum Athletic Clubs, we strive to bring our members the very latest in equipment, techniques, classes and workout facilities. As one of the first full-service health clubs to offer a state-of-the-art heated yoga studio, we feel that we are achieving those goals. We currently offer Hot Yoga classes as well as Power Vinyasa in our studio, helping our members to attain a healthy mind, body and spirit connection.
What Is Hot Yoga?
What is to gain by practicing Yoga in a room heated to over 85 degrees? There are numerous benefits from engaging the mind in this hot art form. Based on a traditional set of 26 yoga poses, Hot Yoga requires in-depth focus, while shaping the body through cardio and muscle toning postures. Not only does Hot Yoga promote weight loss, but it enhances relaxation, flexibility, balance and strength.
What Is Power Vinyasa?
Once the basic 26 poses are well-established, they can be combined in a flowing, dance-like movement known as Power Vinyasa. Our acclaimed instructor will take you through the sequence of movements that will tone and sculpt each muscle group in the body. Power Vinyasa takes place in our climate-controlled Hot Yoga studio, increasing your metabolism during this faster-paced routine.
Key Benefits of a Hot Room
Since ancient times, people have been practicing Yoga because of its key benefits for the body, mind and spirit. A heated room has been shown to enhance these key benefits in several ways, including:
- Increased Blood Flow: Heat dilates blood vessels, which in turn increases blood flow to the extremities during exercise. This increased blood flow allows your metabolism and pulse rate to increase as well.
- Build Your Confidence: When it comes to building self-confidence, relieving stress and calming your inner spirit, there is nothing quite like Hot Yoga. After an intense 60-minute sweat session, you’ll feel like conquering the world.
- Increased Weight Loss: Increased metabolism, maximum muscle use and excessive sweating all contribute to weight loss. You’ll be amazed at how this fiery-Yoga can reduce weight by improving the lymphatic system’s ability to rid the body of harmful toxins.
Tips to Using the Hot Room
Although there are many benefits to practicing Yoga in our heated facilities, there are some essential tips that will help you see maximum results from your sessions.
- Eat a Light Snack: Prior to your Hot Yoga or Power Vinyasa session, be sure to eat a light snack. Nuts, melons or a banana are perfect options. Avoid dairy foods or other heavy snacks.
- 2. Stay Hydrated: Not only is it great to drink plenty of water prior to your session, but staying hydrated throughout the day will help recover those vital fluids.
- 3. Check with Your Physician: Those who have any health or medical conditions should speak with a physician before joining these classes.
- 4. Progress Slowly: Working out in a heated room can definitely change your body’s response to the postures and poses. Take it easy and listen to your body. Don’t stretch too far or push yourself past a comfortable limit.
See for Yourself
Come to Spectrum Athletic Clubs and see our breakthrough Hot Yoga studio for yourself. You’ll be amazed at how this simple idea can transform your body, mind and spirit. Contact our professional team today to find out more information on class times. You can also find our schedule online.