Cycle Your Way to Better Health
At Spectrum Athletic Clubs, we believe workouts should be fun. Our cycling class is proof that anyone can burn a substantial amount of calories while having a great time. With energizing music and an enthusiastic instructor, you may not even realize that you are working out. Our classes cater to every fitness level, whether you are a beginner or an experienced cyclist. We’ll supply the stationary bike, the music and the expertise; you supply the motivation to get through the workout. The professionals at Spectrum Athletic Clubs will help you to meet all of your personal fitness goals.
What to Expect
Spinning allows people to work several muscle groups simultaneously while building their overall endurance and cardiovascular health. As you cycle, your body pulls the energy you need from reserves, enabling your body to burn calories and build muscle.
During your first spinning class, your instructor will make sure your cycle is properly adjusted. Not only will our trained cycling expert show you how to prepare your bike before each class, but we will explain the five core spinning movements so you can obtain maximum results from the class.
While the bicycling seat may feel a little different at first, you will soon become accustomed to the cycle and the movements. There is no specialized workout gear needed to get started. Simply wear your comfortable clothes and you’re ready to spin.
There are many significant benefits to cycling on a regular basis, including:
- Increase Endurance: Cycling increases your heart rate and blood flow, building essential endurance.
- Build Muscle Tone: Spinning focuses on the core muscle groups, including the abdominals, buttocks, thighs and calves. By maintaining the correct posture while cycling, you can maximize muscle usage. Those who pedal slower at a higher tension are more likely to work their muscles while spinning.
- Relieve Stress: Spinning releases endorphins, which will relieve stress and lift your spirits.
- Low Risk of Injury: Other exercise activities may present a risk for obtaining an injury. However, spinning provides a low risk for injury.
- Burn Calories: A 45-minute spinning workout will burn approximately 500 calories depending on fitness and intensity level. Spinning offers a quick way to burn a considerable amount of calories. Those who pedal fast are more likely to burn fat, helping you to meet your weight loss goals.
- Low-Impact: Cycling is a low-impact exercise, making it perfect for those who suffer from arthritis or any other joint condition.
Set Your Own Pace
While some fitness classes may be exclusively for beginners or experts, spinning allows you to progress at your own pace. Each cycling bike is equipped with a resistance control handle, which makes it easy to adjust the bike tension throughout the course of the class. Whether you want to increase your resistance for an intense workout or spin at a lower resistance to take it easy, you are in ultimate control of your workout. Don’t worry. You won’t fall behind in the class. All you have to do is cycle. It’s as simple as that.
Call Spectrum Athletic Clubs today to find out more about our enjoyable cycling classes. You can also visit the course schedule online to see when our spinning classes are held. We’re sure that once you get started with our high-energy classes, you’ll soon become addicted.